Fast, cheap and yummy eats
Do you like pizza? Me too. Here’s a recipe for one you can make in 15 minutes.
Thin crust tortilla pizza. Here’s how you make it.
Pick up a packet of tortillas
You should be able to find a packet for anywhere from $2 to $5 depending on where you are and whether you’ve decided on the 8 inch or 12 inch variety. Be sure to pick up flour tortillas as you want your pizza to be more pizza-like than taco-like.
If you’re lucky enough to be near a place where you can buy durum, even better. These tend to be larger, and larger is better if you can make one big thin crust pizza instead of several smaller ones.
Make your sauce.
To make your tomato sauce, just combine tomato paste with some olive oil, pepper, crushed or dry garlic, and basil. How much of each? This depends on you. To be safe, a half cup of tomato paste along with a teaspoon of each of the other ingredients should work just fine.
Now assemble the pizza
- Place the tortilla on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the pizza sauce onto the tortilla into the center.
- Now swirl or spread your pizza sauce until it almost reaches the edges.
- After this, sprinkle your cheese (any cheese will do, mozzarella or emmental work nicely.
- Next, place the toppings of your choice.
You can use any toppings you like. Here are some of my favorites.
- Ham & pineapple
- Green pepper and pepperoni (or salami)
- Brie and ham
- Tuna & olive
- Marinated portobello mushroom
- Roasted eggplant, goats cheese and raisin
- Pesto sauce and pecan(be sure to soak the pecans beforehand)
- Spinach (fresh, from a can/tin, or thawed from frozen)
- Sliced tomato, fresh mozzerella and fresh basil
Instructions for baking the pizza
So, you’ve got your 3 layers. Place them in the oven and bake at 250 degrees Celsius/480(F) until the edges become dark brown, or until it is as done as you like it.
Pull out, allow to cool for a minute or two, and enjoy. If you have the smaller tortillas, you will be able to eat each one as though it were a round slice and if you have made a larger pie, you’ll have to cut it up.
Time saving tip
The secret to making this pizza fast is to have your ingredients ready ahead of time. Have your ingredients ready to go, so you can just pop open a jar or a Tupperware, spoon in the sauce, open another, then sprinkle the cheese, place the toppings, bake and start chewing in less than twenty minutes.